Slide Gate Monitor
- Accurate gate position feedback
- Ideal for product proportioning
- No bracket required - easily mounts to gate drive shaft
- Works with either electrically or manually driven gates
- Retains monitored gate position in the event of a power loss
- Interface with PLC or use the optional PM500 Process Meter as a remote display unit
- Class I, Div I (C, D) Class II, Div I (E, F, G)
The SG1000A slide gate monitor is a complete monitoring system housed in a compact and rugged explosion proof enclosure. It provides independent, accurate feedback of slide gate position to a controller (PLC) or Electro-Sensors' optional remote display.
The SG1000A mounts directly to the end of the slide gate drive shaft and is easily calibrated with a single push button for setting the fully open and fully closed limit points of the gate. A second directional switch (clockwise/counterclockwise) enables the user to mount the SG1000A on either side of the gate. As the drive shaft rotates, the SG1000A senses the rotation and transmits a 4-20 mA signal to an external device such as a PLC or optional remote display.
The optional PM500 Process Meter can be used as a remote display and can provide the +24 VDC output power for the SG1000A. It can display the 4-20 mA signal in any user units, including as a percentage between fully-closed (0%) to fully-open (100%) allowing the gate or valve to be accurately positioned when regulating the flow of a product or mixing products. The PM500 has options of two or four relays which are fully programmable and there is also a 2-channel, 16-bit 4-20 mA programmable output option for mirroring the 4-20 mA signal to a PLC.