SG1000B Position Monitor
- Works on rack and pinion or linear driven gates
- Ideal for product proportioning
- Precisely measures repetitive linear movement
- Retains gate position in the event of a power loss
- Interface with PLC or use the optional PM500 Process Meter as a remote display unit
- Class I, Div I (C, D) Class II, Div I (E, F, G)
The SG1000B position monitor is designed to sense the position of both linear and rack-and-pinion driven slide gates. Housed in an explosion proof enclosure, the SG1000B is typically used to measure position of a process that has a repetitive linear movement, providing independent and accurate feedback via a 4-20 mA signal. To achieve this measurement the SG1000B uses a telescopic-arm to convert linear movement into an angular movement and measures the arm's angle to determine the process's linear position.
The optional PM500 Process Meter can be used as a remote display and can provide the +24 VDC power to the slide gate or valve. It can display the 4-20 mA signal in any user units, including as a percentage between fully-closed (0%) to fully-open (100%) allowing the gate or valve to be accurately positioned when regulating the flow of a product or mixing products. The PM500 has options of two or four relays which are fully programmable and there is also a 2-channel, 16-bit 4-20 mA programmable output option for mirroring the 4-20 mA signal to a PLC.
*Before ordering, the SG1000B fitment guide should be addressed to ensure proper operation.*