Sub-Turn Shaft Monitor
- Accurate position feedback — 0° up to 130°
- Precisely measures shaft rotary movement
- Works on powered or manually driven shafts
- Non-volatile memory — retains shaft position in the event of a power loss
- Interface with PLC or use the optional PM500 Process Meter as a remote display unit
- Class I, Div I (C, D) Class II, Div I (E, F, G)
The SG1000E Sub-Turn Shaft Position Monitor is a compact and explosion proof system . It is an encoder-based position sensor that provides a 4-20 mA output and is used to measure a rotary process such as a shaft position having a clockwise or counterclockwise rotary movement. The SG1000E works on rotary processes having a full-scale sweep as small as 5.6 degrees (fully-closed to fully-open), up through those having a full-scale sweep as large as 130 degrees.
The optional PM500 Process Meter can be used as a remote display and can provide the +24 VDC power to the slide gate or valve. It can display the 4-20 mA signal in any user units, including as a percentage between fully-closed (0%) to fully-open (100%) allowing the gate or valve to be accurately positioned when regulating the flow of a product or mixing products. The PM500 has options of two or four relays which are fully programmable and there is also a 2-channel, 16-bit 4-20 mA programmable output option for mirroring the 4-20 mA signal to a PLC.