Two-Turn Shaft Monitor
- Best accuracy for two-turn maximum shaft angle (rotational) position
- Translates shaft position to 4-20 mA output
- Configurable measurement range (0-1/12 turn to 0-2 turns)
- Direct shaft attachment (3/8-16 UNC)
- Applications include electrically /manually-driven rack-and-pinion gates and valves
- 24 VDC ±10% powered
- Cast aluminum explosion proof (XP) housing
- UL Listed Class I, Div I (C, D) Class II, Div I (E, F, G)
The SG1000F two-turn shaft monitor is a complete monitoring system housed in a compact and rugged explosion proof enclosure. It provides independent, accurate feedback of slide gate position to a controller (PLC) or Electro-Sensors' optional remote display.
The SG1000F mounts directly to the end of the drive shaft of a slide gate or valve and is easily calibrated with a single push-button switch for setting the application’s fully-closed/fully-open positions. As the drive shaft rotates, the SG1000F measures the rotation and outputs the 4-20 mA signal to a PLC or the Electro-Sensors optional PM500 Remote Display. The SG1000F’s output signal is 4 mA for fully-closed and 20 mA for fully-open. Most importantly, the SG1000F offers the greatest amount of accuracy for two-turn (maximum) shaft rotation applications.
The optional PM500 Process Meter can be used as a remote display and can provide the +24 VDC output power for the SG1000F. It can display the 4-20 mA signal in any user units, including as a percentage between fully-closed (0%) to fully-open (100%) allowing the shaft to be accurately positioned when regulating the flow of a product or mixing products. The PM500 has options of two or four relays which are fully programmable and there is also a 2-channel, 16-bit 4-20 mA programmable output option for mirroring the 4-20 mA signal to a PLC.