Electro-Sensors is currently accepting applications for Regional Sales Manager.
Job Title: Regional Sales Manager
Reports to: Vice President of Sales
This position is responsible for promoting the value proposition, products and services of Electro-Sensors and is responsible for all sales activity and for achieving aggressive sales goals for a designated region. Sales are achieved directly and through sales channel partners including manufacturer’s representatives, distributors and systems integrators. This position can be based remotely or at the corporate headquarters in Minnetonka, MN.
- Knowledgeable with Electro-Sensors’ products, services and capabilities.
- Develop and implement regional strategic selling plans to achieve aggressive sales growth.
- Prepare and present regional updates to Vice President of Sales including status of opportunities, forecast, key account activities, developments, marketing campaigns and other relevant topics.
- Develop all stages of sales pipeline to support future sales and business planning and forecasting.
- Create strategic target account list, develop, implement and drive plans for penetration and growth.
- Timely opportunity updates using Salesforce CRM including forecasting and reporting.
- Understand industry and competitors’ products, services and capabilities.
- Identify new business opportunities, close sales and meet or exceed aggressive sales targets.
- Develop and cultivate effective relationships with key players throughout industry
- Identify and work regional trade shows and associations to promote Electro-Sensors, Inc.
- Work with customer service and inside sales team in a leadership role.
- Assure complete customer satisfaction both internal and external.
- Develop and implement new OEM opportunities supporting large blanket orders.
- Be the face of Electro-Sensors in the region and ensure Electro-Sensors’ placement as the industry leader.
Sales Channel Management
- Develop and communicate overall strategy to manufacture representatives and distribution partners to ensure effective sales coverage and growth.
- Monitor, evaluate and motivate sales channel partners.
- Participate with channel partners on joint sales calls with strategic customers.
- Conduct training for sales channel partners.
- Use of Syteline ERP/MRP software for sales needs.
- Work with Engineering, technical support and production manager.
- Sets examples for sales staff in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational and selling skills, and work habits building motivation and selling skills.
- Be able to take customer phone calls to assist with product knowledge, enter quotes, and orders.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Other duties as reasonably assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 4 years’ experience in sales of technology products or relative work experience.
- Must have the ability to understand technical concepts and to successfully communicate them to Engineering, customers, sales channel partners.
- Ability to interact well with all levels of customer functions up to C-level executives.
- Sales territory management experience and experience managing various sales channels.
- Must be persistent, action-oriented, results-driven and self-motivated with timely execution of action items.
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Effective use of S.M.A.R.T goals both in regard to yourself and others.
- A positive attitude and professional appearance along with the ability to thrive in a small company environment and build strong relationships with coworkers, customers and partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or other technical discipline along with 10 years of sales experience or related work experience.
- Work experience with and knowledge of hazard monitoring sensor technologies, products, applications and associated industries.
- Formal sales training such as that from Miller Heiman or Wilson Learning.
- Experience in the industrial controls industry.
- Experience with Syteline MRP/ERP software.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License with a safe driving record.
- Valid US passport preferred.
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including some weekends.
- Must be able to travel regularly at least 50% of the time.
- Workplace may include office, warehouse and production environments with customer sites which may include hazardous environments, heavy machinery, exposure to the elements, etc.
- Ability to lift and move large, heavy objects such as sales demonstration equipment.
- Self-Starter: Proven experience in small company environment with “roll up your sleeves” attitude and track record of participation in a variety of tasks, maturity and ability to maintain enthusiasm and confidence during the highs and lows associated with building a business.
- Leadership & Collaboration: Hands on contributor having the ability to work well with other company departments with a leadership and communication style that supports and illustrates a commitment to teamwork, hard work, creativity, and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Project Management: Sense of urgency with high motivation and energy levels that include problem solving and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities. Must be creative and independent with an attention to detail and deadlines .
- Personal: Disciplined; driven; passionate; dedicated; approachable; aggressive; self- starter; a team focused contributor; outstanding communicator; resourceful and tenacious with a high level of self-confidence.