Electro-Sensors is currently accepting applications for Inside Sales & Applications Specialist.
Job Title: Inside Sales and Application
Reports to: Inside Sales Manager
The Inside Sales and Applications role, along with the Regional Sales Manager, form a team responsible for servicing and growing our business within an assigned territory by promoting the products and services of Electro-Sensors. This position is responsible for: responding in a timely manner to incoming tasks (requests for quote, applications assistance, product selection, and customer issues); outbound activities (following up on quotes, opportunities, and leads along with building and growing customer relationships); and providing support to the Regional Sales Manager, Manufacturer’s Representatives, and Distributors. This position is based at the corporate headquarters in Minnetonka MN.
- Knowledgeable with Electro-Sensors’ products, services and capabilities.
- Through the proficient use of interpersonal skills via phone and email, engage and discover with the customer to determine needs and solutions.
- Respond to quotes per customer request. Generate quotes using ERP (SyteLine) and Salesforce tools.
- Understand and implement pricing guidelines and strategies.
- Develop and implement strategic selling plans with the Regional Sales Manager, to achieve aggressive sales growth.
- Create strategic target account list, develop, implement and drive plans for penetration and growth.
- Provide applications and product assistance.
- Initiate regular outbound communication to follow up on quotes, opportunities, and leads. Document and update Regional Sales Manager and Manufacturer Representatives.
- Initiate and perform cold calling campaigns to support growth into new markets, territories, or accounts.
- Provide support to the Regional Sales Manager.
- Understand industry and competitors’ products, services and capabilities.
- Identify new business opportunities, close sales and meet or exceed aggressive sales targets.
- Create, maintain, and build long term influential relationships with key decision makers at assigned accounts and within territories.
- Assure complete customer satisfaction both internal and external.
- Use of Syteline ERP/MRP software for sales needs.
- Work with engineering, technical support and production manager.
- Sets examples for sales staff in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational and selling skills, and work habits building motivation and selling skills.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Other duties as reasonably assigned by management.
- Work experience in electrical or electronics technology or related technical field. The successful candidate must have the demonstrated ability to understand electrical and mechanical concepts and to successfully communicate them to customers and sales channel partners.
- Must be persistent, action-oriented, results-driven and self-motivated with timely execution of action items.
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Experience using Customer Relationship Management software, Microsoft Office, ERP systems such as SyteLine, and Salesforce.
- A positive attitude and professional appearance along with the ability to thrive in a small company environment and build strong relationships with coworkers, customers and partners.
- Work experience with and knowledge of hazard monitoring sensor technologies, products, applications and associated industries.
- 2-5 years’ experience in sales of technology products in a business to business environment.
- Formal sales training such as that from Miller Heiman or Wilson Learning.
- Experience in the industrial controls industry.
- Workplace may include office, warehouse and production environments.
- Self-Starter: Proven experience in small company environment with “roll up your sleeves” attitude and track record of participation in a variety of tasks, maturity and ability to maintain enthusiasm and confidence during the highs and lows associated with building a business.
- Leadership & Collaboration: Hands on contributor having the ability to work well with other company departments with a leadership and communication style that supports and illustrates a commitment to teamwork, hard work, creativity, and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Project Management: Sense of urgency with high motivation and energy levels that include problem solving and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities. Must be creative and independent with an attention to detail and deadlines .
- Personal: Disciplined; driven; passionate; dedicated; approachable; aggressive; self- starter; a team focused contributor; outstanding communicator; resourceful and tenacious with a high level of self-confidence.