Job Title: Field Service Technician
Reports To: Operations Manager
Electro-Sensors, Inc. is a global leader in the design, manufacture, sale, and support of machine monitoring sensors and hazard monitoring systems for industrial and agricultural markets. This position will support all legacy products and the HazardPROTM Wireless Systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Equipment Setup, Testing, and Calibration:
Test, calibrate and perform final assembly for various sensor-related products using a voltage input/output test, a frequency generator, oscilloscope, digital multimeter, and additional test equipment.
Configure and test PC control systems to verify the functionality and integration with wireless communication components.
Configure products to meet customer specified applications.
Perform electrical testing, adjusting, circuitry level troubleshooting, and mechanical assembly.
Calibrate products, perform final tests, and validate orders going to customers. Modify units for special requirements as needed.
Customer Service and Sales Support
Provide post-sale phone, email, technical, and field support. Facilitate system upgrades and periodic maintenance events. Conduct pre-sale field site assesments to ensure proper configuration of HazardPRO system. Verify signal integrity, antenna locating and mounting options, network integration, and other application specific assessments. Perform product commissioning and training at the customer facility. Validate system performance and integration with factory automation system. Train operators on use and maintenance of system.
- Work with engineering to improve products, test prototypes, and debug first run products.
- Discuss the layout and assembly procedures and troubleshoot problems with engineers.
- Write up customer returns, analyze product problems, evaluate repair options, and advise client on status of repair.
- Create demos and test fixtures to support sales, marketing, and tradeshows.
- Assist with writing technical repair manuals and proof or write product manuals.
- Instruct and train production team on product assembly and testing.
- Maintain test equipment (recalibrate or order new).
- Work with production or inventory stockroom as needed.
- Work with database system in contacting and tracking client/repair/customization information.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Educations and/or Experience
An Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of Networking, VPN, Firewall, IP Routing, Network Security a plus.
The ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and customers. The ability to write technical reports and procedure manuals. The ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public. The ability to train customers in the effective use, repair, and maintenance of their equipment.
Other Skills and Abilities
• Must be able to organize and prioritize workload independently and meet deadlines
• Must have strong PC skills and communications skills
• The ability to establish and maintain effetive working relationships with associates
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to assemble and configure equipment. The employee frequently is required to sit, reach with the hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand, walk, and climb ladders and stairs. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
*** SPECIAL NOTE*** Employee may be required to climb and work in elevated industrial environments, both indoors and outside. Employees should not be apprehensive about working at heights of up to 200 feet.
Travel up to 50%
Employees will be required to travel regularly by air and land. Trips are generally scheduled in advance but may occur at short notice. Must have a valid passport and ability to rent and drive vehicles for travel to customer facilities. The company reimburses all authorized travel-related expenses. Current, valid driver’s license required with a good driving record and ability to remain insurable under company’s liability insurance policy.
• Training, background, Job Experience
• Experience elements
- Assembly, Build, Documents
- PC Skills
- Testing, Troubleshooting
- Customer service
- In Person
• Communication Skill
- Coworkers, Team Skills
• Job Demands
- Physical hands on assembly and installation
- Lifting up to 50lbs, reaching,standing, sitting
- Travel up to 50%
- Heights, Climbing