Wired Hazard Monitoring Features
- Electro-Sensors traditional wired options
- Monitor Shaft Speed, Bearing Temperature, and Belt Alignment
- Used on Bucket Elevator Applications and Conveyors
- Instant Identification of Warning or Alarm Source
- At-A-Glance Sensor Reading
- Individual or Multi-Leg Systems
- Easy Test of System and Alarms
Hazard Monitor Overview
Grain dust is extremely volatile and can easily explode with the proper ignition source in confined spaces. OSHA has mandated that grain elevators in Class II, Division 1 environments must have the 3 monitoring sub-systems for elevator safety (1910.272(q)(4)(ii), 1910.272(q)(5), 1910.272(q)(5)).
(Note: this same rule applies to the flour and sugar processing industries). Electro-Sensors Hazard Monitoring Systems are used to minimize the risk of such explosions by early detection of conveyor/elevator slowdown, hot bearing temperature, or belt misalignment – all of which can present an ignition source.