- Non-contact sensing
- Up to 0.5" gap distance (standard)
- End-of-shaft mounting
- Nylon, PVC, aluminum, or stainless steel
- Custom sizes and number of pulses
- Impervious to water, grease, dust, oil, dirt, etc.
Pulser Discs are compatible with all Electro-Sensors' shaft speed sensors. The large gap allows maximum flexibility in mounting the sensor, making them ideal for environments where there is vibration, dirt, dust, grease, or water. The number of pulses per revolution generated by the Pulser Disc and sensor depends on the sensor used. Simply center-drill and tap the end of the shaft to be monitored and secure the Pulser Disc onto the shaft.
Generally, a Hall Effect sensor will produce one pulse for every two magnets, since the sensor switches between high and low in the presence of both a north and a south pole magnet. A Magnetoresistive sensor will generate one square wave pulse per magnet. Special discs can be custom manufactured to meet specific needs. Steel targets can be substituted for magnets on aluminum or PVC discs. These targets work well with proximity or magnetic pick-up sensors.
Pulser Discs are available in two standard configurations:
- Face Read: 0.25" thick discs with 0.25" or 0.5" diameter magnets mounted on the face (for large gap distance).
- Edge Read: 0.625" thick discs with either 0.25" or 0.5" diameter magnets mounted around the circumference.