Reverse Rotation Detector
- Relay changes state when shaft direction reverses
- Relay resets when reverse motion stops
- Easy installation and calibration
- Cast aluminum switch housing NEMA 4X, 7, 9 rated
- 115 VAC standard, 12 VDC, 24 VDC, 230 VAC options
- Class I, Div I (C, D) Class II, Div I (E, F, G)
During operation, the UDS1000 energizes its 5 Amp, DPDT relay when the monitored shaft is at rest or turning in the desired direction of rotation. The relay contacts can be used to enable the motor starter circuit, or provide a visual indication that the start up or process commencement is possible. When the monitored shaft turns in reverse (wrong direction) the relay de-energizes, thus preventing the motor or process from starting.