Explosion Proof Hall Effect Sensor
- Square-wave pulse frequency output, NPN open-collector
- Zero speed operation with no signal loss
- 5-24 VDC powered
- 1/2" NPT conduit port
- Non-contact, large gap distance sensing
- Works with magnetic Electro-Sensors pulser discs / wraps
- 931 XP – UL Listed Class I, Div I (C, D) Class II, Div I (E, F, G) Class III
The 931 XP is mounted in a cast aluminum enclosure and is supplied with a mounting bracket and 10 feet of 3-conductor shielded cable. The conduit opening is 1/2 inch NPT.
- Class I, Div I (C, D) Class II, Div I (E, F, G) Class III
- XLB-1 enclosure
931 XP Hall Effect speed sensors use magnet-sensing Hall Effect IC's to produce a digital pulse signal to interface with speed switches, tachometers, counters, signal conditioners, or PLC's. Hall Effect sensors provide true zero speed operation with square-wave output and immunity to electrical noise.
A pulser disc or split collar pulser wrap with embedded magnets is mounted on the monitored shaft. As the shaft rotates, the magnets pass in front of the sensor causing the sensor to switch high and low, thus producing a digital pulse output. The sensors provide a digital square wave signal with a 50/50 duty cycle when used with pulse generators that have evenly spaced magnets of alternating polarity, such as Electro-Sensors Model 255 Pulser Disc.